maandag 2 maart 2009

Postcard from Sweden


Dear Jane,

I’m writing this digital postcard from a country where they say: hej hej. No, I didn’t forget to use my spell checker, it is Swedish for ‘hello’. We took the night boat to Göteborg and we had a prosperous trip. It doesn’t stop raining here in Sweden and I don’t mean a bit of drizzle, but it is raining cats and dogs.

We slept in a teepee tent for one night which was a lovely experience, but I won’t do it very soon again, because it is quite uncomfortable. The canoe trip was a disaster, because it rained and it rained (again) and there were also many high waves and lots of wind which made it impossible to go back to the shore. A very kind family invited us to stay in their son’s house. We really appreciated the invitation after all those wet days on the campsite.

We went to an auction and I wanted to buy a moose’s head, but Steph didn’t agree, because we didn’t have any space left in the car. I’m sure the auctioneer was disappointed, because who wants to buy a hideous head besides a tourist like me.

Well, tomorrow we will finally go back to Holland. Please, don’t tell me it is raining there too. I know you prefer a holiday without rain, so even though it’s a lovely country I strongly recommend you not to go to Sweden, it rains too much!

See you soon!

Julia

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten